"Unable to open stack" from Finder

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 19:56:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Russell Martin<russell_martin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, in Rev Studio 3.5, if I try and double click on a stack when Rev is already open I get a dialog that states, "Unable to open stack: stack is corrupted, check for ~ backup file."
>
> The funny thing is, these stacks are not corrupted. If I open them by using File, Open they open just fine. Also, if Rev is not already running and I double click them from the Finder, they open just fine too.

Here are the results of my tests:

- Opening any stack from the File menu works.
- Double-clicking a stack file if Revolution is not already open works.
- Double-clicking a stack file with Revolution already open does not work.

And if you are using the tRev script editor:
- Using tRev to start Revolution works.
- Opening tRev after Revolution is running does not work.

"Not working" means that you get a dialog saying that a stack file
could not be opened because it was corrupt. This is NOT true, so don't
panic, just use another method of opening it. The most reliable method
is to launch tRev if using it, or launch Revolution if not. Then open
stacks by choosing them from the File menu, using either Open Stack...
or Open Recent File.

Hopefully the mother ship will comment on & fix this soon.

Cheers,
Sarah