Launch another app from my standalone

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:58:48 EDT 2009

Adrian,

Is it possible you've changed the defaultFolder somewhere in your code?
That's the only reason I can think of why a command like launch "myApp"
wouldn't work.

Also, sorry to state the obvious, but just in case, be aware that it is
necessary to include the .exe or .app as part of the app's name.

Good luck.

Chris Sheffield

On 8/28/09 8:50 AM, "Adrian Williams" <adrian at clubtype.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Ray, but I don't want a navigation dialog to select it, I want
> the app to launch automatically.
> Adrian
>
> On 28 Aug 2009, at 18:38, Ray Horsley wrote:
>
>> I'm not having any trouble with:
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>  answer file "Pick an application"
>>  launch it
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> Ray Horsley
>> LinkIt! Sofware
>>
>> On Aug 28, 2009, at 6:42 AM, Adrian Williams wrote:
>>
>>> A Mac standalone that needs to Launch another .app
>>> A Win standalone that needs to Launch another .exe
>>> Everything is in the same Folder.
>>> The docs just say launch "myApp" but that does nothing.
>>> How can I do this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Adrian