[OT] Who still uses a Mac PPC?

George C Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Thu Aug 27 12:39:16 EDT 2009

I guess sometimes a barrier is a blessing, no?  My older software knew
not of networks, thank goodness.

George

On Aug 27, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

Hi George.

I tried Sheepshaver too, but the problem I had was with the
networking. Seems they do some kind of bridge, which interferes with
mounting shares properly, so it was useless to me as I needed to get
into my old Foxpro 2.6 development environment back when I was
thinking about porting SBT to Revolution. Seems a silly idea now, as
the project would realistically have taken 5 guys working full time
about 3 to 6 months to finish.

Bob

On Aug 26, 2009, at 1:21 PM, George C Brackett wrote:

> I'm quite different from all you folks in the way of hardware, it
> seems: just one 3 year-old MacBook Pro Intel Duo.  But I recently
> discovered a way to run OS 9 on my 'book, and thereby recovered the
> ability to run a bunch of my older educational software.  What a
> pleasure to see 'em again!  For the software that has made my day,
> see http://hotfilms.org/non-windows/sheepshaver-mac-os-9-classic-intel-13879.html
> .
>
> George

subscription preferences: