Datagrid SelectionChanged issues

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Aug 27 11:22:27 EDT 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 10:26 AM, David Bovill wrote:

>   dispatch "FindLine" to dgView with "title", viewName
>>

>   put the result into vLineNum
>   set the dgHilitedLine of dgView to vLineNum

> What i am finding is that when I issue this from the card script a
> "selectionChanged message is sent - but with an empty pHilitedIndex.
> Therefore this script:
>
> on selectionChanged pHilitedIndex, pPrevHilitedIndex

> end selectionChanged
>
> Shows that when using  "set the dgHilitedLine" both params to
> "selectionChanged" are empty, and "the dgHilitedLine" is set
> inconsistently?

David,

Setting the dgHilitedLine doesn't send selectionChanged (behavior
mimics that of list fields). I just pasted your selectionChanged
handler into a new data grid and tested your FindLine code to confirm.
Did you override dgHilitedLine or are you firing off a
selectionChanged message from somewhere else in your code?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems