How to reliably crash Rev 3.5 and 4.0-dp3 with four script lines

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Aug 27 04:16:02 EDT 2009

On Wed Aug 26, 2009, Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com wrote:

>   On 26 Aug 2009, at 22:45, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
>
> > <snipped out a novel here>
>
> maybe sending this to the runrev guys/gals via bugzilla err....
> quality center would be more advantageous in regards to getting the
> crashes fixed?

This is intended.

As there are presumeably quite a number of factors involved that
contribute to crashes and irregularities in image and graphics use,
"fixing" the causes may not be an easy and quick task. I have the
impression that a general overhaul of this part of Rev would be needed.

> On the other hand, sending such posts to the use list can be very
> therapeutic, as i can attest from my own experiences ;)

You are right here. After such a long time of fishing in the dark, I was
really pleased and relieved to have at least found one instance, where I
could safely reproduce a crash and list the involved Rev elements.

> To bad that you can't even attend edinburgh via the web :(
>
> Björnke

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>