Vote to disable password protection for revMedia 4 stacks

Robert Maniquant rman at free.fr
Tue Aug 25 10:17:19 EDT 2009

I do not beleive in totally free stuff, at least not concerning a major
program one uses regularly and one relies upon.
- From a practical point of view, we all want the language, the IDE to
evolve as fast as possible and this costs and the end result cannot be free.
- From a psychological point of view, I was happy buying out runrev at the
start, with a nice discount. I jumped in came to like it (and hate it at the
time too!) and was happy later on to pay again and more ! You're more likely
to be happy to pay up, if you feel you have benefitted from a nice discount
a time. Stepping from free to payment could be less easy.

THere is an important saying in all education matters, psy coaching etc that
paying something gives value to what your are doing, learning. The great
opportunity we have with softwares is that we can reduce cost dramaticcaly
if we manage to communicate at large. But it sounds much more solid to me if
there remains some element of exchange, be it in the form of payment or
sharing things with a community.