Password protecting a revMedia 4 stack - "Yer - But - No"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 24 11:36:44 EDT 2009

David Bovill wrote:

> 2009/8/24 Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com>
>
>> What Bill means is that the end-product revlet that you upload to the web
>> server, is protected as it is turned into a different file format - but
>> nothing prevents you from either putting the original stack right next to
>> the revlet  for download by interested people, or sharing it to someone else
>> via email or other means.
>
> Thanks Jan - good to know that RevMedia allows creation of stacks that are
> readable by the IDE - and it's just the Revlet export fromat that's locked.

Good to have the confirmation, but I'm still left with a questions:

Why do Revlets use a different format?

And are there implications for desktop deployment down the road?

Or even now:  can a desktop app download and run a revlet as it would
any other stack?

Does the "is a stack" operator return true for revlets?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World