Vote to disable password protection for revMedia 4 stacks

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Sun Aug 23 20:41:54 EDT 2009

On Aug 23, 2009, at 8:27 PM, Shao Sean wrote:

> I personally vote to leave the locking of stacks in revMedia

One possible model that might work could be like 3D Warehouse. There
you can go and download almost any kind of 3D model you might want,
and everyone who uploaded the models has agreed to allow any use of
the model as it is, or for anyone to modify it and pass it on. A
revMediaHouse could be a place to upload stacks you want to share with
the world, and anyone could download it, or use it immediately in a
browser. As part of the upload agreement you would have made sure not
to password protect the stack. You could still put in promotional
things for your commercial stacks, which you may have protected.

Incidentally, I never password protected any of my HyperCard stack
floppies or CD-ROMs, and even my Director based CD-ROMs had the
original source code buried in a folder on the disc. The way I saw
it,  that way I had thousands of backup copies of my code.