Syllabic division of words

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Fri Aug 21 17:00:01 EDT 2009

Here is a link to apple's developer info about the "Text Services"
codec:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/text/Text-409.html

Apple offers a "text summary service" that will reduce a given hunk
of text to any length specified.  I don't know, but I would be
surprised if the hooks into this tech do not offer other meaningful
functionality that could be used to produce semantically salient
condensations of text that could then be folded into a more robust
and friendly set of tools for the acquisition of meaning at some
useful level.

Randall