Syllabic division of words

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Fri Aug 21 16:38:59 EDT 2009

Sorry, I have been spelling "phoneme" wrong.  Here is a link to the
apple tech to which I refereed:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Mac/Sound/Sound-201.html

It is part of the text-to-speech tool box.  Makes sense.  And it is
available to all.  I would be surprised if something similar wasn't
also available in Windows and Unix.  It works in reference to
language-specific libraries, and is thus portable and localizable.

On the Mac, SuperCard used to provide a hook into this functionality
(maybe through an external).

Randall

On Aug 21, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Randall Reetz wrote:

> I didn't mean to imply that it would be easy.  I am saying it is
> important. Much more important than the crap we get caught up in
> simply because the tools exist.  Apple has a core technology in its
> text services tools that breaks text into base phonems and is
> language agnostic.  Semantic processing will open up a whole new
> world to computer application.  There are reasonable steps that can
> be taken right now that are no more absurd than what hypercard was
> to programming when it was revolutionary twenty some years ago.
>
> randall

>>> Phonems
>>> Words
>>> Parts of speech (phrases)