Syllabic division of words

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:35:00 EDT 2009

Mark Swindell wrote:
> Mucho más fácil y regular en español.  English syllabication is a
> different animal.
>
> Buena suerte.
>
> Mark
>

> On Aug 20, 2009, at 5:37 PM, capellan wrote:
>
>> i noticed the discussion about english language, but
>> remember that this script will parse spanish text.

I don't know where this discussion is going;  but probaly down
a deep, dark hole. I am not sure how many languages there
are spoken round the world, but any attempt at writing code to
determine syllables or other linguistic 'bits' is going to end up
like Unicode (with which I am having 'buckets of fun' with right
mow), a fidge which leaves everybody disgruntled.