OT: Educational Frameworks

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Thu Aug 20 17:06:54 EDT 2009

> Sivakatirswami,

most of those kinds of sites here are done by the larger publishing
and training companies are are thus closed. most is pretty bad IMHO.
the larger the publishing firms have gotten with recent consolidation
and the increase on all sorts of state educational frame works (a few
biggies most states follow and then the rest all over the place) have
lead to this kind of stuff getting more and more and more bland and
boring and the level/depth of content significantly dropping off big
time. so not sure if they would be good models for you to follow
anyway except to show you some things not to do... there seems to be
much better quality and depth at the college level going on as there
is a bit more standardization/accreditation that goes on there and
since more academic you will find more open source of folks letting
you review what they have done.

only one i know of of decent quality and depth is K12, its the 800lb
gorilla in the online ed world these days. not sure if they have a
preview you can do as they are slowly getting away from the home
school market (where they started) and moving more to magnet schools
(easier to get the volume purchases with only a few folks deciding
instead of a lot of very picky home schoolers doing the review!)

thats the 2 cents i can throw into the pot.

cheers

jeff

Jeffrey Reynolds

On Aug 20, 2009, at 1:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com