OT: Educational Frameworks

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Aug 19 23:59:17 EDT 2009

We are trying to look into educational frameworks to check on possible
models for building our own system on the web.

We have a professor who gave us access to her moodle site, but it's gear
to first year university math courses.

We need to see models in use for K-12, where the interface is actually
"usable" by the children themselves, if such a think exists.

But, in all our searches, we are blocked at every turn. There appears to
be nothing "open"  you either have to be an instructor or a registered
student with an enrollment ID to get in. This makes perfect sense from a
security point of view, but it leaves anyone searching for such things
completely shut out. We see hundreds of moodle sites and companies that
support moodle users. But not a single "portal" that we can get into to
look around for K-12 ideas.

If you know of any teachers/sites that might allow us to view the frame
work (courses for kids, the syllabus, the modules in use, etc.) we would
really appreciate it.

Please contact me off line with any access info/ideas you may have.

Thanks
Sivakatirswami