Putting Stuff Before the Message Box

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 17:50:08 EDT 2009

Just chiming in at the end of the thread.

In the PHP environment on a web server there is a special memory area
called "output buffer"

This has various maintenance functions built in to the PHP system,
such as
   ob_start();    ob_flush();  ob_implicit();  ob_clean();

and these facilitate building the characters that get sent back to a
browser, etc.
It is not a good idea to treat this as the normal PHP variable, such
as $myDataString.

The message box stack is also a special area that began its life in
Hypercard 1.0
Back then it was unchangeable.
Now that you can dive into the Rev library stack and modify scripts,
please use caution because there are globals and settings that are
interconnected between libraries.  You might find strange behaviors
that cannot easily be traced.

It is cool that we can get under the hood and make such changes.
My preference is not to do this since Rev is how I make my living.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas