Rep : revlet and path

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 19 12:00:14 EDT 2009

Jean-Paul Poccard wrote:
> My problem is te same, and as I a not among the happy few who use
> Enterprise, I cannot yet test but I wonder wether the url of the app on
> the net can be found from inside the revlet.

The URL to the revlet is where you put it.  It would be nice to have a
way to obtain this within the revlet programatically, and I'm sure
that'll be added at some point if it's not there already, but in the
meantime you have complete control over the URL since it's determined by
where you put your revlet.

To generalize a solution that would require only minimal modification
when such a function is later added to the engine, you could put the URL
of your revlet into a custom property of the revlet stack, and access it
with a function:

function RevletURL
   return the uRevletURL of this stack
end RevletURL

Using a fuction to access that means that if/when we get a way to obtain
that URL programatically down the road, you only need to change that one
function and all your scripts that use it will just keep working.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World