[OT] iPhone development

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 05:24:57 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM, viktoras d.<viktoras at ekoinf.net> wrote:
> Sarah,
>
> I am interested, could you please post a list of these books and resources.

I recommend this series of three books. Choose your starting position
based on your current knowledge.

If you don't know any C programming: Learn C on the Mac
<http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781430218098>
If you know some C, but no Objective-C: Learn Objective-C on the Mac
<http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430218150?>
Then for the iPhone: Beginning iPhone 3 Development
<http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781430224594>

I worked backwards, starting with the iPhone book, then realising that
while I could follow the examples, I didn't understand it all.
I had learnt C a long time ago, so the "Learn C on the Mac" book was a
good refresher. Don't worry too much about the chapters 9, 10 & 11 as
they are largely superseded by Objective-C. The Objective-C book was
extremely helpful and then I was able to go back to the iPhone book
and really get it.

Note: the iPhone book has just been updated for iPhone OS 3.

Hope this is useful.

Cheers,
Sarah