Syllabic division of words

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 18 23:22:06 EDT 2009

capellan wrote:
> Recently, someone asked me a script
> to divide words in syllabes.
>
> I know, for certain, that this kind of task
> is especially suited for a language like revtalk,
> but honestly, i dont know how to begin.
>
> Should use a dictionary of common words
> (like: origin=o ri gin) and use search and
> replace to convert words in their syllabes
> or
> Should use conditional structures, like switch
> and if...then...else to test for syllabic division
> rules in each word...?

Many years ago I wrote a Gunning Fog Index calculator in Rev, but alas
it must be on one of my old drives.  If I can turn it up I'll pass it to
you; to calculate the Fog Index it needed to count syllables.

In the meantime this may help:
<http://www.phonicsontheweb.com/syllables.php>

If you don't mind my asking, what's this for?  I love language analysis
gadgets. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World