Putting Stuff Before the Message Box

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Tue Aug 18 18:55:28 EDT 2009

Peter.
Since you seem to be into msg stuff, here is another of my changes to the
msg box.

Make a field yourField with some text in it. If you write in the message
box something like:

select word 2 of field yourField

The text hilite will not persist.   I hated that, and with a little help
from my friends, found that if you comment out a bit of code in the message
box, you can have what I consider normal behavior, that is, that the command
to "select text" in a field does, in fact, select that text.

Starting at line 442 (in v.3.0) or line 375 (in v. 3.5) in the script of
fld "Message Field" of stack "message box", comment out the following code:

if the mode of stack kStackName is not 0 and "edit script of" is not in the
text of me then
   select the text of field "Message Field" of stack kStackName
end if

Now the hilite will persist in the target field. like the good Lord
intended.

Craig Newman