Why is Put not Putting?

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Mon Aug 17 14:28:01 EDT 2009

i'm sure I am not the first to say so, but you are vastly over estimating the sophistication of the interpretor.  It does not forward to predict and then anticipate the intention of your script.  That is the HAL stuff of science fiction (for now).
If you have two put statements in the same loop, (or any for that matter) you are also vastly underestimating the speed of your processor.  Your screen doesn't even refresh fast enough to capture updates to the message box that quickly.

Try nesting the main repeat loop within another loop and maintaining a counter that determines a set number of updates (say 100) each of which 1/100th of the total number of loops.  Place your progress updater in the outer repeat loop.

randall