Importing gMail

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 17 12:50:10 EDT 2009

> Message: 12
> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:33:36 -0700
> From: Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>
> Subject: Re: Importing gMail
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Jim-
>
> ...and speaking of squaring the circle, I just came across Bradford
> Hansen-Smith's work:
>
> http://www.wholemovement.com/
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder
> mwieder at ahsoftware.net

Mark,

Amazing work. I used to be able to fold a box. You fold and fold and
eventually blow into a little crease and voila: a Box. Doing these
folds is hypnotic work.

Perhaps a little hyperbole? (No pun intended.) Hanse-Smith wrote:

"Everything that happens in this first is principle to all subsequent
folding of the circle and is basic to the development of mathematics."

Even more hyperbolic for an upcoming program on PBS this week:

"NOVA tells the dramatic story of a group of pioneering mathematicians
who developed fractals from a curiosity that few took seriously to an
approach that is touching nearly every branch of understanding."

Jim Hurley