PayPal Integration with On-Rev

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Aug 17 12:22:25 EDT 2009

Derek-

Monday, August 17, 2009, 5:40:56 AM, you wrote:

I think these are both valid concerns.

> 1. The initial ordering interface can be daunting for first time users.
>  The option to purchase *without* setting up a PalPal account is a
> little buried, and I don't like the idea of my customers thinking they
> need to setup a PayPal account just to buy my program.

For me this is outweighed by *not* having to set up anything special
(and not having to pay exorbitant processing fees) to handle credit
cards, just turning that job over to PayPal. But yes, PayPal would, I
think, rather have you pay using your PayPal account than using a
card, so that "pay with PayPal" option is much more prominent on the
payment page.

> 2. The process is more or less dependent on whether or not the user
> clicks the "Return to So-And-So's Web Site" button on the order
> successful page.  If they don't click it then the user will wait, often
> for days, wondering where their license number is.  I'm not sure how
> often this happens, but I'm sure it does.

Yep. I don't know if it happens or how often, but it could be a
problem. An answer to this might be to avoid the option where PayPal
hosts the button and go with the one where you host it yourself. I
haven't explored that option, but that might well give you more
control over the process.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net