Datagrid strange behavior

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Fri Aug 14 06:12:15 EDT 2009

Hi list

I have a datagrid in the "form" type

3 flds

fld 1 : on the first half of the first line
fld 2 : on the second half of the first line

fld 3 : under the 2 flds above. Is a scroll fld with a variable height

my layout script : for this third fld (name : Body)

    put item 1 of pControlRect +25 into item 1 of theRectTrois -- a
little bit further than the left margin : 25 px
    put item 2 of pControlRect+25 into item 2 of theRectTrois -- to
create a second line in my row, a little bit lower 25 pix
    put item 3 of pControlRect into item 3 of theRectTrois -- expand
to the right until the right margin of the grp "datagrid 1"
    put item 2 of theRectTrois + the formattedHeight of field "Body"
of me  - the bottomMargin of field "Body" of me into item 4 of
theRectTrois -- the variable height of my fld "body"
    set the rect of fld "Body" of me to theRectTrois

--until here, it works perfectly

now

    put item 1 of pControlRect&","&item 2 of pControlRect&","&item 3
of pControlRect&","&item 4 of theRectTrois into r

    set the rect of graphic "Background" of me to r
end LayoutControl

now 2 possibilitiies

if the number of rows with data in the grid is more than the height of
the grp "datagird 1", I can scroll the datagrid 1 : perfect !

BUT

if the number of rows with data in the grid is less than the height of
the grp "datagrid 1" (so no need to scroll the datagrid grp) there is
a large white row after the last row with data and then further the
empty rows displayed normally

where is the error ??

all the flds and the datagrid has no checked "fixed line height" in
the inspector

thanks.

Greetings.

Yves COPPE