Transcript should be called Transcript

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 17:11:47 EDT 2009

My programmer friend picked up the essentials of the language right away.
He had no vocabulary, but had no trouble at all importing his experience,
skills and thinking. I was there to drive the IDE and supply the words, and
also to point out the power of home grown concepts like chunks. He loved the
accessability; the effort of learning the language he assumed was just a part,
and a small part at that, of the cost of doing business.

So impressing experienced programmers to this sort of world seems to be
easy. The challenge is to excite the masses, something that was given an
enormous, just flat out enormous head start when Bill Atkinson insisted that HC be
bundled for free. That went on until HC v2.0, (Claris) or so, about four
years. That was a lot of hubbub; I heard Danny Goodmand sold many hundreds of
thousands of his handbook.

Craig Newman