Drop destination path

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Wed Aug 12 23:25:57 EDT 2009

On Aug 13, 2009, at 4:09 AM, Tariel Gogoberidze wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:35:22 +0200, Klaus Major wrote:
>
>>> if I drop some text or image from Revolution into some arbitrary
>>> folder on hard disk, how do I get the path to this folder?

<snip>

> I need a user to be able to drag line with movie name out of this
> field and drop to any arbitrary folder which would initiate movie
> download from FTP server.

You don't state if you need an OS X and Windows solution, but if you
select a folder and then run the following applescript you will get
the path (in this case it is copied to the clipboard). Hope it helps
you somehow.

tell application "Finder"
	copy selection to theSelected
	set outputPathList to {}
	repeat with anItem in theSelected
		copy (POSIX path of (anItem as alias)) to end of outputPathList
	end repeat
	set AppleScript's text item delimiters to return
	set outputString to outputPathList as string
	set AppleScript's text item delimiters to ""
	set the clipboard to outputString
end tell

sims