Franklin 3D for Revolution Update

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sun Aug 9 14:53:08 EDT 2009

Hello all,

A quick update on Franklin 3D - the 3D game and rendering engine for
Revolution.

We are going to be able to expose Franklin 3D for Revolution very soon to
founders - I want one more example stack update. We have demo stack just
about ready - some tasty bits:

- Rendering includes OpenGL, two "software" renderers and Direct X 9
(Windows only)
- Unnative UI (there is a UI engine built right into it)
- 2D sprite engine
- Collision detection/gravity
- Custom Scene Nodes
- Movement
- Terrain Rendering
- Rendering to Texture
- Split Screens (more to come on this - shows multi camera views - maybe
multiplayer games...)

Some of the effects aren't quite right yet, that's why the delay.

That's the first batch of examples. There's one in the works that show how
to handle call backs - several more coming.

The demo stack will let you locate the media folder, select windows size,
select renderer.

Here's my top five Why This is Cool:

- hardware accelerated graphics - both 3D AND 2D
- lots of model formats supported, game and not game (like OBJ)
- OpenGL gives you a great cross-platform option when the Mac OS X version
is available
- A lot of stuff like collision detection/gravity is REALLY easy
- Useful for simulations, 3D viewers for graphics catalogs and more

Founders will be able to pre-order, get codes right away and get into a
private Google Group. Licenses will include 12 months of updates. The
licensing system will be very similar to how Valentina works.

Ill post other details soon.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President