Web Developers

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Aug 7 21:38:17 EDT 2009

Aloha,

I regularly get requests for recommendations from people wanting to
start a new web site.

Any of you Rev coders who also do web development, please contact me off
list and I will add you to my list of people that I would recommend.

Note, most of those coming for such advice  often have no clue what they
want other than a general concept. I try to advise them to read "Joel on
Software" ... his marvelous articles on preparing functional
specifications, in hopes that they will educate themselves to be "good
clients"

I also advise them, that if they do not feel they are competent to
generate a functional specification, that they should contract to pay by
the hour instead of getting bids for a whole job--- and to expect this
to cost more, -- but the end usually it means everyone gets what they
won't and no one is "hurt" by not getting paid (developer) or client not
getting his site done (developer gets fed up and bails)

Point: You may have to hand hold some of these people thru the initial
stages of conceptualizing their end product. And usually these are not
rich corporations asking for advice (they would not be coming to me if
they were)

Contact me off list if site dev is part of your portfolio

Sivakatirswami