revweb and videos (quicktime and youtube)

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Fri Aug 7 06:54:15 EDT 2009

Two questions.

I am trying to set the filename of a quicktime player to a video stored
on a remote server, but there appears to be a bug in this functionality.
I see the first frame of the video, but the revlet locks up thereafter
(along with the entire browser). Works fine in the development
environment. Works fine in a standalone (i.e. earlier versions of Rev).
Is this a known bug? Setting the filename of a player to a local file
also works fine while running a revlet. I've only tested this in Firefox
on a PC under XP.

In the past, setting a quicktime player to view a remotely-stored video
would cause the player to start streaming the video immediately... even
if the video wasn't set up specifically to stream or stored on a
streaming server. Nice feature.

Secondly, any ideas on how to show a YouTube video in a revlet?

Thanks.
Richard Miller