Message path and standalones

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Mon Aug 3 19:01:59 EDT 2009

I am currently trying to compile my stack(s) into MacOS X standalones.
This is rev studio 3.5 gm2.
I am trying to use the "Splash page" inplementation for the standalone.
I am looking for confirmation and, if possible explanation for the
following facts
a) start using stack etc... does not seem to work in a standalone,
i.e. handlers that should be in the extended message path are not
executed. I can reproduce that on an elementary stack.
b) send (message etc...) to the proper object works
c)  handlers which are not in the message path in the are not detected
in the IDE at compile time, but only at runtime. Wouldn't it be nice
if this could be detected at compile time?

Finally, I have not tried behaviors and I would be glad if I could get
some info on their "behavior", so to speak, in a standalone with
multiple stacks.

cheers from Paris

	François