Command-line screen recorder for Mac and PC?

David Bovill david at architex.tv
Sat Aug 1 08:35:31 EDT 2009

Mark, your post prompted me to look at the technique you are using for a
project where I need to create slide shows from images. The aim is to create
a QuickTime movie or FLV, with the stills simply extended in time so as not
to render large files slowly. The images need to have varied time durations,
not just one frame, and file size ought to be proportional to the number of
images, not to the duration of the movie. Previously I've done this as a Rev
app, or using SMIL - this time I want files that can be taken into a video
editor.

Taking a look at Trevor's fab Extended QuickTime external I see the only way
to bring video in is using copy & paste. So does that mean that you put
import the image as a binary, put it onto the clipboard and then use qtPaste
to add the image to a given time? I'm also not clear how to extend the
duration of a track / stretch the duration of a segment - other than by
repeatedly copy / pasting - which for an image is only one frame?

I found this command line tool
(QTSuperImageSequencer<http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/QTSuperImageSequencer.shtml>),
written in Java which does what I want (I've not full tested it), but was
wandering if it were possible to achieve the same thing using Rev and EQT?
Similar to EQT all the heavy work is done by QuickTime - the source is open
and short.