Simple Socket Saga

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Sat Aug 1 07:47:43 EDT 2009

Phil,

We may need to get a ruling from the judges on this one!  After seeing
the statement you quoted in isolation, it seems it could be possible to
have a button who's mouseUp handler calls a handler in a library stack
that has the actual accept command.  In that case, the button is the
target but the library stack actually contains the accept command.

Your idea of putting the accept further down in the message path is what
I wanted to do but the documentation seemed to indicate this was not
possible.

Can we get a ruling and clarification of the docs on this point from
some of the more experienced members with socket experience?

len