Behaviors & Image References

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 28 22:09:06 EDT 2009

Scott Rossi wrote:
> I understand that with the new behaviors, image ids are automatically
> resolved beginning with the stack containing the behavior button, but how do
> we reference an image in the same behavior stack by name?  If one doesn't
> know the id of an image located in the behavior stack, how is the image
> referenced without using a full path reference (which defeats the purpose of
> behaviors)?

Behaviors mainly deal with scripts and message paths. The engine
includes the behavior button's stack as part of the regular search path
when looking for IDs, but as I understand it, other objects themselves
aren't part of behaviors. So you'd need to provide the same sort of path
for other object references as we always have.

While I guess it isn't entirely accurate, I still think of behaviors as
sort of a private backscript.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com