[OT] Shockwave on Linux

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 04:23:10 EDT 2009

Richmond,

It looks like you might have solved your problem.  However, you may be
pleasantly surprised by Wine.  There may well be circumstances in
which it will provide a good solution.

I run Lotus Notes under Wine on my Linux netbook, which has a
relatively slow processor and only 512mb of RAM.  Yet Notes runs
faster under Wine than on my much faster dual processor Vista laptop
with 1gb of RAM (even with all of Vista's eye candy stripped out and
all unnecessary services stopped).

I realise that the Wine community is not able to tune their code for
every Windows app, and Notes is probably one of those where they have
spent considerable time getting it to work.

But still, I was astonished to see what Wine can do.  Note to self:
remember, Wine is not an emulator.

Bernard