UTF8 and hand crafting styles

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 16:50:24 EDT 2009

2009/4/19 Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>

> Hi David,
>
> Do you think that simple conversion to UTF16 won't work?
>
> put uniencode(myUTF8Var,"UTF8") into myUTF16Var
> set the unicodeText of fld x to myUTF16Var
>
> Once you have done this, you could retrieve and adjust the htmlText.

yeah - that's what I'm thinking... its just that this would involve putting
the text into the field - retrieving it as htmltxt - then manipulating it
and setting the htmltext - so my two questions are:

   1. is it any harder to add teh formatting direct to the utf/8 or utf16 as
   comared to doig the same to htmltext?
   2. Is anything at all lost in converting to htmltext and then back to
   UTF16?