data grid code (color)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Apr 17 21:33:49 EDT 2009

On Apr 17, 2009, at 7:10 PM, Sadhu Nadesan wrote:

> To the fillindata handler, add some code to change the color
> depending on the contents of the cell.  Like this
>
> on FillInData pData
>  -- This message is sent when the Data Grid needs to populate
>  -- this template with the column data. pData is the value to be
> displayed.
>   -- Example:
>  set the text of field 1 of me to pData
>  if (pData contains "foo") then
>     set the backgroundcolor of field 1 of me to "red"
>  end if
> end FillInData
>
> Now run your stack.  put 'bar" in column 2, by clicking the populate
> button and answering bar.  Nothing should happen.  Now do it again
> and answer foo.  Again, nothing happens, but the foo cells were
> expected to be red.
>
> Trevor, is my error obvious to the master?  What have I left out!

Your field is transparent so setting the color won't show up. Just set
the opaque flag to true:

  if (pData contains "foo") then
     set the backgroundcolor of field 1 of me to "red"
     set the opaque of field 1 of me to true
  else
     set the opaque of field 1 of me to false
  end if

I tried this in your test stack in the bug report and it worked.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems