Can Rev turn text to speech and record it?

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sun Apr 12 07:18:01 EDT 2009

Kay,

It couldn't be too soon (for me) for that tech-savvy younger generation
to take over this sector. But right now, there are large parts of it
that are still operating as if it was 30 years ago.

Here's one recent encounter I had with a customer of one of my other
golf software products. This fellow ordered my software online and
couldn't get it working. We went back and forth via email, trying to
sort out the problem. Nothing he was saying made sense to me; and
nothing I said seemed to work for him. He simply kept saying it wouldn't
run.

He finally explained that he was clicking the download link at my web
site, watched the software download, but nothing happened after that.
Turns out, he had no idea where anything goes after he downloads
something from his browser! He said to me, "I have this problem a lot. I
download various programs, but none of them ever work!"

By the time I was done with him, he discovered where they all were. In
all fairness, though, he did explain at the outset that he was a rather
elderly golf pro and "didn't really understand computers very well."

There are more of these folks out there than one might think. And
Windows doesn't make it any easier for them. Now if there were only
Mac's in the world...

Richard Miller