Generating a phone call from Rev

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Thu Apr 9 08:23:52 EDT 2009

Kay,

This company you pointed to (www.telemessage.com) looks like it might
have a decent solution. It's more expensive than Skype, but not too bad
at 10 cents per call. Their XML solution should work in Rev on a Mac
server. But I would like to get the Skype solution working if possible.

In my particular situation, I need to have my Rev application send a
phone call. It can't be SMS. My vendors handle all orders either in
person or by phone. The computer (if they have one!), is usually not
near the order desk. Their business is mostly done by phone (and not a
cell phone). What I am doing is working on a way to allow them to get
orders through the internet, but not have to change the way they
typically record these orders (which is still by pencil and paper).

Thanks.
Richard