Tutorial - MacAddict Forum Reader on RevJournal Website - Webpage Won't Open

Mark Srebnik msrebnik at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 30 13:15:07 EDT 2008

From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>

>>You can make a "stub" handler to route revGoURL to the new "launch URL"
>>command - just add this to the stack script:

on revGoUrl pUrl
   launch url pUrl
end revGoURL

>>I'm surprised Rev hasn't maintained compatibility for their handler, but
>>Sarah, if you have time to update that tutorial stack just send it to me
>>at your convenience and I'll replace the one at revJournal.com.

>>--
>>  Richard Gaskin
>>  Managing Editor, revJournal
>>  _______________________________________________________
>>  Rev tips, tutorials and more: http://www.revJournal.com

Thanks for your help, Richard!

So just tried to do what you suggested as follows:

on mouseUp
    show image "Busy"
    put field "Address" into theAddress
    revGoURL theAddress with message processWebPage
end mouseUp

on revGoURL pUrl
    launch url pUrl
end revGoURL

However, now I get error message:

Object: button "Load Button"
Line: revGoURL the address with message processWebPage
Hint: with

???

Thanks,

Mark