debugging log engine build request

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Sep 29 16:17:37 EDT 2008

Bonsoir Bernard,

Yes these logs just exist on Win32.
I had some prejudice against them, that's true, because these logs
are not readable.
But I know a bit Mark Waddingham and I'm sure now these logs do not
tell to Runrev parts of code or something else that could disclosure
any part of your work.
Anyway, if you work with Linux, these logs are nor available AFAIK.

As for a 'replay log' that would be a panacea, I imagine it would be
difficult to set up and probably not understandable for common users
(e.g. not acceptable from a marketing point of view) :-)

Le 29 sept. 08 à 22:04, Bernard Devlin a écrit :

> I sent a whole series of crash logs through RQCC back in August,
> and was
> told they were inconclusive.  I assumed these crash logs were actually
> _Windows_ crash logs not Rev crash logs.  I seem to remember some
> discussion
> between you and Eric Chatonet where he was reluctant to send them
> because
> they were encrypted.  I think you talked to the Rev developers who
> told you
> they were Visual Studio crash logs. My understanding is that these
> logs do
> not even exist in the Linux build at all.
>
> If I'm not mistaken then I'm asking for something completely
> different.  I'm
> asking for something that would be equivalent to a 'replay log', so
> that the
> Rev developers could see exactly what was going on inside the
> engine as the
> engine changes state before a crash.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.