How do I prevent a Key being pressed down all the time?

Andres Martinez andres at bakno.com
Sat Sep 27 14:47:16 EDT 2008

Hello William

An easier way to use the arrow keys is whit the "arrowKey" handler.
But unfortunately it keeps being sent while the key is pressed.

What you need is a way to check for the key being released. The
following code will do the trick

ON arrowKey theKey
    if (theKey = "Right") and (not pressed) then
      move img "dummy" relative 30,0
       put true into pressed
    end if
END arrowKey

ON rawKeyUp keycode
    if keycode = 65363 then put false into pressed
end rawKeyUp

Regards,
Andres Martinez
www.baKno.com