As programming environments get more powerful . . .

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 15:01:29 EDT 2008

Yes and No.

I don't know about laziness, but I really don't want to go back to PASCAL, FORTRAN and so forth.

I don't think playing with other people's samples is a "sin", or a "cheap and nasty route" to learning how to program in a new progging environment: to me it seems rather like trying out one's mother-tongue with parents, teacher and peers: you would have a really tough time trying to learn a language from a novel in that language without any external help: and we all know how 'wooden' speakers of a language sound who have tried to learn it from a teach-yourself book.

Samples of fairly unsophisticated stuff are available here:

You will have to JOIN these Yahoo Groups to download the samples.

I do hope at least some of them are some help.

I should point out that I have also learnt quite a bit from "messing around" with other programmer's samples.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.