As programming environments get more powerful programers get lazy

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Sep 24 11:55:34 EDT 2008

William,

I think what you'll find with Rev is a trade-off. Although there are
some demo stacks floating around and a few good sites, the shear
volume is much less than more widely adopted languages. It's more than
there used to be (and growing), but you'll have a lot less luck
hitting Google than if you were working in PHP, Perl, C, etc.

On the other hand, there is an upside -- this list. The amount of
"free" code and advice given out here is staggering, and I dare say
has trained more than a few RevCoders. A lot of FAQ material is buried
in the archives, and actually explained in more detail than you might
find otherwise.

So while I agree it would be great if there were more samples out
there, stick with it and ask lots of questions. Once you get a little
further in the learning curve, you'll be able to give back with
answers to others, and thus the cycle continues =).

- Brian