Control X in Windows XP

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Tue Sep 23 14:41:11 EDT 2008

Ken, thanks for some other things to think about AND TRY. (smile)

I guess my biggest problem right now is to figure out why the ask and
answer dialogs are not working in the  "real stack", though I'm
fiddling with the standalone Splash Screen settings - which may help.
(smile - still!)

Joe Wilkins

On Sep 23, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Ken Ray wrote:

>> 1.  Since I'm testing by running XP under VMWare Fusion, I'm
>> wondering
>> what "platform" is returned by Rev. I had assumed (unfortunately)
>> that
>> using an "if the platform is not MacOS" would cover me for just about
>> any eventuality, but it would seem this may not be the case with this
>> configuration. I should be able to insert "put the platform"
>> somewhere
>> in my stack that will clue me in, but haven't gone that route yet.
>
> Well, running under WinXP on a true PC, if you ask for "the
> platform", you
> get "Win32". I also get this running Rev 2.9 under VMWare Fusion as
> well.
>
> BTW, I would also suggest that you put quote your "if the platform"
> statement so that "MacOS" can't be looked at as a literal. For
> example, if
> you execute this on Windows, you'll see the answer box come back
> "true":
>
>  put "Win32" into MacOS
>  answer (the platform is MacOS)
>
> whereas this will answer "false":
>
>  put "Win32" into MacOS
>  answer (the platform is "MacOS")
>
>> 2.  My other dilemma is that the "command key" short-cuts for menu
>> items in the Windows "btn group", designated as Ctrl-"something" work
>> erratically; sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Any clue as
>> to why this might be the case?
>
> Is this in the IDE, or in your standalone? If it's in the IDE, then
> the IDE
> might be getting in the way...
>
> Ken Ray

See   <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>