As programming environments get more powerful programers get lazy

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Sep 22 14:10:47 EDT 2008

William,

I was one of those that kept loosing my code. The guideline I use these days is:

* Utility code that is related to the application goes into the stack script
* Generic code that can be used by any application goes into a library stack
* Cards and controls only got event code, like mouseUps, preOpenStuffs
and impromptu code that is just related to those codes (Ex: pretty
printer for a field in a card).

This may not be the best and my stack scripts tend to get bigger and
bigger, but, I know where things should be. GLX 2 has a nice feature
where you click a command or function and it jumps to where it is
defined, this is a must and I can't stress how useful this actually
is!

Cheers
andre