Port Number for MYSQL - using MAMP

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Mon Sep 22 03:52:51 EDT 2008

Hi Stephen,

I use a MAMP server to test one of my applications here. Though I do
not use trevors lib, but do it all "by hand". This line of code lets
me connect to the machine:

  put revOpenDatabase(tDBType,tIP&":"&tPort,tDBName,tUser,tPass) into
sDBID
   - sDBID now holds an integer that can be used to reference the
connection

where tDBType = "mySQL" , tIP is the IP of the machine I am connecting
to, tPort= "8889" , tDBName is the name of the database, tUser =
username and tPass is the password. You said that the controlpanel
does not work though. I had that happen after a system update. I could
not connect to the DB then with any other tool though.
(mySQLQueryBrowser for example). The solution was to download a new
copy of MAMP from apachefriends and go from there.

All the best,

Malte