Restraining the pencil in Rev

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Sep 21 17:20:16 EDT 2008

> Thank you for your input. If, as I probably will, I continue to hit a
> stonewall with my current approach - since the standalone already
> works quite well - I will either try the splash screen approach, or
> utilize the Stackrunner and just keep everything as stacks. The latter
> not being a truly satisfactory solution.

You may want to look a bit into StackRunner since basically it is
implementing the "splash screen approach", just without the actual splash
screen. :-)

That is, it is a standalone that has no interface but is can be told to open
a specific stack on launch so it can open your splash screen stack if you
like (or your primary application stack). Either way, the items running are
stacks that can be saved back to themselves. A lot of people have been using
SR for their deployment, and it does make life simpler (IMHO).

If you want more info about StackRunner, take a look at the SR web page (web
search "StackRunner" and it should be the first hit), or contact me
off-list.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com