Restraining the pencil in Rev

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Sun Sep 21 11:30:06 EDT 2008

I guess this is my day for confusion. (smile) I'm not using a player
for any of this.

I have a fairly simple stack consisting of some 50 cards, each of
which has one or more images and some fields and/or buttons. Using the
bucket tool, a user may color inside the lines of the images as they
see fit - often pretty complex. Once colored, they may print portions
of the cards that I designate in the print routine; but, once the
stack is closed, all of these colorations disappear. I would like for
them to be able to Save a copy of the colorized stack under a new
name, as a document?, from the standalone. Then, as you have indicated
it can, have that copy open as a document "of" the standalone when
double clicked upon. So far, I've used:

  	case "Save..."
          answer "Save Coloring Book?" with "Cancel" or "OK"
          if it is "Cancel" then exit menuPick
          save this stack
       break
       case "Save A Copy As..."
          answer "Save a Copy of this Coloring Book?" with "Cancel" or
"OK"
          if it is "Cancel" then exit menuPick
          clone this stack
          save stack ("Copy of "&(the effective name of this stack))
       break

This kind of works, but doesn't result in a separate stack that
contains the colored images; just the same as the original, "plain"
images stack.

Thanks for all your comments.

Joe Wilkins