Mail merge--again

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 20 21:50:34 EDT 2008

This doesn't work:

on mouseUp
    repeat with i = 1 to 5
       put cr & cr & cr & "      " & i  into field 1
       print this card from 142, 30 to 681,556
    end repeat
end mouseUp

What I would like to do is print the number i, running from 1 to 5 on
the fourth line down on the card. (The real objective is mail merge
in a letter, but I'm trying to keep it simple here.)

This handler produces 5 separate pages in Preview--on the Mac. To
print  the 5 pages I would have to click "Print" on each of the 5
pages in Preview. (I actually have a couple of hundred letters.)

My objective is to build 5 pages to print in the repeat loop and send
them to the printer while go out for coffee.

How is that done? So far, all I can handle is the coffee part.

Thanks,

Jim Hurley