Problems with the focusedObject

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Sep 20 17:38:42 EDT 2008

Bonsoir Graham,

As you said in a previous email that 'Ha! The 'cut' command kills the
selectedField', I would have thought that the problem was solved by
retrieving the selectedField before calling the command.
Just tell us if you need something more :-)
As for the 'Aude', yes, it's a wonderful place with wonderful people:
send me a picture off-list.
The list is sometimes a bit virtual: putting a face or an environment
is welcome :-)

Le 20 sept. 08 à 22:41, Graham Samuel a écrit :

> Bonsoir Eric
>
> The TraversalOn of my "Edit" button (the relevant one) is set to
> false.
>
> I found out by experiment that 'the focusedObject' does work as
> expected if I have create a simple one-card stack with fields on
> the card and a button on the same card that examines the fields (I
> mean it has a script that displays the focusedObject). The
> focusedObject points to a field as long as the cursor is flashing
> in it, even when the field is empty and nothing in the field is
> actually selected: when there is text in the field, the
> focusedObject also points to it, whether the text is selected or
> not. I haven not yet looked at the selectedField, but I believe it
> works in the same way as the focusedObject.
>
> I don't know why my original menu thing doesn't work, but it could
> be a side-effect of using GLX2 (I haven't tried it outside the
> development environment). I'll do some more research.
>
> Graham
>
> PS My 'France profonde' is about 20 km West of Carcassonne in the
> Aude - a village with less than 300 inhabitants. If you like, I can
> send you a picture (but not of course to this text-only list).

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.