rev cgi - put url & read from

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sat Sep 20 14:13:17 EDT 2008

Ciao Sims,

there's no libURL in the CGI engines, did you copied libURL yourself
to your CGI? If you didn't then you can't use url calls. The trick is
to use a shell() call to the command "curl" that is bundled with
almost all linuxes to do the url calls.

I've put my little RocketsCURL.Rev library available to you at
http://andregarzia.com/RocketsCURL.rev.zip

The library allows you to do some pretty nice URL stuff like resume
downloads and the like.

:-D

You can check about curl my doing a "man curl" in the terminal or by
checking their homepage at http://curl.haxx.se/

A alternative to using curl is the use of "wget" and "wput" shell
commands. Curl has more options and is more standard, some places
don't have wput in place only wget.

Xoxo
andre