rev cgi - put url & read from

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Sat Sep 20 00:32:05 EDT 2008

I've switched my rev cgi from my local Leopard webserver test area to
jaguarpc
and it seems that I must change some code.

I have a rev stack used as cgi and where put url worked on my Leopard
webserver it doesn't on jaguarpc. So, I changed to open file - read
from - close file.

My question is, does the "open - read - close" cycle of events
chew up more time than the put url? Is open-read-close the best way or
is there some
other means of putting a file into a variable (I already use custom
properties in the stack
for storing files and using them but am experimenting with the cgi stack
grabbing files for use).

sims